Sunday 28 February 2010

'Pretty Please' Miniature


Not sure if this graphite miniature is finished as it seems rather light on screen. This piece needs to sit and be looked at again after a couple of days :) Maybe by then I can also get a better scan of it... the mini measures 2" x 1.5" with the girl's face being around 1" high. I admit that this piece was a bit of a struggle as I am out of practise with teeny studies after working much larger lately. But they are very absorbing and great to relax with in between commission work.



3 comments:

Tracy Hall said...

Absolutely beautiful lesley! I find scanning them a nightmare even in colour so can imagine in black and white it is even harder to get a true representation!

You've captured that 'look' so well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesley, you do such beautiful portraits. You have a great gift for faces. Love it.

Lesley Ann Hartman said...

Thank you so much both of you. You are endlessly encouraging and I appreciate it :)